Baby Spinach, 1kg
Baby spinach is just tender young spinach that is harvested early during plant growth. The smaller leaves are as nutritious as mature spinach.
More About Baby Spinach
Babyspinach, the green leafy vegetable has a delicate texture and jade green colour. The smaller leaves have a sweeter flavour than mature spinach. Baby Spinach is mostly preferred raw and used in salads, smoothies, and soups. It can also be stir-fried, sauteed, and layered into rolls and lasagna. There is no trimming required and cooks quickly.
Baby Spinach Nutrition Facts
Every 100g of raw Babyspinach contains:
- Water: 91%
- Calories: 21g
- Iron: 2mg
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fibre: 2g
It also contains Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium.
Health Benefits (Baby Palak Khane Ke Fayde)
- Baby Palak contains an excellent amount of iron, which can fight anaemia.
- Spinach is a rich source of vitamin K and Calcium which makes bones strong.
- The beta carotene and lutein in spinach can strengthen eyesight and the immune system.
- With extremely low carbohydrates and glycemic index, spinach is a superfood for diabetics.
- Folate or Vitamin B9 in spinach can help the body to produce red blood cells.
- Potassium in spinach helps in maintaining a healthy nervous system and improving cognitive abilities.
Fresh Baby Spinach can be wrapped in paper and placed in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot