Black Raisins (Kismis), 100 gm
Thanks to the Mediterranean type of climatic conditions, farmers of these regions, since ancient times, practised viticulture and grew different types of grapes that are sun-dried into raisins. Raisins come in a variety of sizes and colours including, black raisins, green, yellow, brown depending upon the type of grapes used. Today it is grown in many different parts of the world including India.
It is the most common type, generally used in a household. Black raisins are made by sun-drying black Corinth seedless grapes. They are tangy and sweet and used for making smoothies, desserts or garnishing.
Health Benefits of Black Kismis:
- Black raisins relieve constipation and purify the intestine
- Black kismis prevents hair loss and improves skin health.
- It contains a high amount of glucose and fructose, which can satiate hunger levels and lower food cravings.
- Black kishmish also contains a good amount of iron which increases haemoglobin in the blood.
- The best way to take black dry grapes is to soak them in water for a couple of hours before consuming them.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot