Cherry tomatoes are sweet, juicy, small cheery sized berries with distinct bright colour and flavour which distinguishes them from another tomato subtype.
More about Cherry Tomatoes
Cherry tomato was first cultivated in South America and eventually found its way to Europe, Israel and other countries. Cherry tomatoes are considered an exotic delicacy and enjoyed raw as salads, roasted, added to pasta, pizzas and most common in Italian cuisines.
One cup of raw cherry tomato contains:
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 2g
Also contains calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
- Tomato is a good appetizer and its soup is a remedy for constipation.
- Tomatoes are rich in lycopene (antioxidant) that reduces the risk of cancer and other diseases.
- Tomatoes bring free from cholesterol and fat are good for the heart.
- Tomatoes are good for skin and hair and boosts immunity.
- They are loaded with Vitamin K and Calcium making bones stronger.
Tomatoes must be stored away from direct sunlight. Unripe tomatoes can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days. It can also be placed in the refrigerator to increase self-life.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot