Green Peas-Hari Matar (Jaipuri Sweet), 500 gm
Green Peas are consumed all over the world and is part of the human diet for hundreds of years. Why Not! It has everything from taste to nutrition that makes us drool.
More about Green peas
Green peas are sweet legumes that are rich in proteins. It is believed to have originated in Central Asia. Green Peas are tender round seeds, also known as garden peas. In India green peas are eaten raw or boiled and cooked. They can be added to other vegetables, salads, soups, stews for flavours.
Peas are rich in:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin C
- B complex vitamins
- Digestible protein 5g/100g of peas.
- High in fibres, peas aid digestion and a good source of iron can help fight anaemia.
- Peas contains pigment lutein the reduces the risk of cataract and loss of vision in old age.
- The insoluble fibres in peas reduces the risk of heart disease and strokes.
- Being a source of protein, green peas aids weight loss.
- Green Peas are low in Glycemic Index, suitable for blood sugar control and diabetes.
India and Green Peas
In India, Uttar Pradesh is the leading producer of peas. Edible podded peas are mainly of two types snap pea and sugar pea. There are varieties of peas grown in India, which includes Alaska, Asauji, Arkel, Early Badger, Little Marvel, Harbajan, Kanwari etc.
You can store peas at room temperature with cods on. To increase self-life, refrigerate in a plastic bag without washing. It can be stored for one year by storing in an airtight container and freezing it.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot