Mustard Leaves (Sarso Ke Patte), 1kg
North Indians can go any miles to have sarso saag in winters. Mustard Leaves is one of the most loved foods and has multiple health benefits.
More About Mustard Leaves
A mustard leaf is dark green broad leaves with a flat surface, available mainly in North India. They have a peppery flavour. They are famously used as sarso ka saag but can also be boiled, stir-fried or steamed or steamed for the preparation of different foods. Mustard leaves are the most nutritious food as they are low in carbs and rich in fibre and micronutrients.
100 gm of Mustard leaves contain:
- Calories: 15
- Protein: 2kg
- Fibre: 2kg
- Carbohydrates: 3g
It also contains Vitamin A, C, K, Calcium and Manganese.
Health Benefits of Mustard Leaf (Sarso-Ke-Patte Khane Ke Fayde)
- Antioxidants present in mustard leaves help the body fight against free radicals and prevents several diseases.
- It boosts heart health as it is low in cholesterol.
- Sarso leaves are a good source of Vitamin A which is beneficial for the eyes.
- Sarso ka patta helps in preventing Arthritis.
- Rich in fibre, it improves digestion and bowel movement.
- Rich in Iron, it keeps haemoglobin level up.
Sarso leaves can be stored by wrapping the unwashed 'Sarson Ke Patte' in paper and consuming within 2-3 days. Self-Life for at least 5 days can be increased by storing it in the refrigerator. Don't freeze to 'Sarso ke patte'.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot