Directly from the lush green Nilgiris to your doorstep, the fresh bright orange coloured Ooty Carrots. Not only rich in taste but also has multiple health benefits.
More about Carrot
Carrot is a root vegetable, which comes in various colours, including purple, red, yellow and orange. Early carrots were purple or yellow and believed to have originated in Afghanistan. Carrot can be enjoyed raw or in the form of juice, smoothies and salad. It can also be added to soup, parathas, mixed veg or cooked into an all-time favourite “Gajar ka Halwa”.
Nutritional Benefits of Ooty Carrot
Per 100 grams of carrot contains:
- Carbohydrate: 6gm
- Fiber: 2.8gm
- Protein: 0.9gm
- Potassium :320mg
Ooty Carrot also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K and Calcium.
Health Benefits of Orange Carrot
- Rich in beta carotenes, carrots are good for the eyes and protect against sunburn
- Potassium in carrots prevents heart disease and keeps blood pressure in check.
- Antioxidants and carotenoids present in the carrot, reduce the risk of cancer.
- Carrot orange promotes healthy bowel movement and eases constipation.
- Carrot Ooty strengthens bones and prevents osteoporosis.
India and Carrot
Various varieties of carrots are grown in India such as Pusa Kesar, Pusa Kulfi, Kashi Karishma, Arka Suraj, Pusa Nayanjyoti and Imperator.
Fresh Ooty carrot can be kept at room temperature for at least 2-3 days. It can also be stored in the refrigerator to increase self-life.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot