The tropical inhabitants of the world cannot miss Raw Jackfruit. Its sweet taste and health benefits make it more famous.
More About Raw Jackfruit
Jackfruit or Kathal is a huge oval-shaped fruit. Also known as Kathal, Rhanas, Fanas is a famous fruit, grown in the tropical climate and believed to have originated in South India. It is the largest fruit in the world. Weights up to 36-29kg or 80 pounds. The outer cover of the fruit is not edible, but the flesh and seeds are commonly eaten. It is known by various names such as Lanka in the Philippines, Nangka in Indonesia and Yaca in Spanish. It can be eaten as fruit when half-ripe or cooked into curries, soups or even stews. The unripe fruit is also processed in pickles, chips. Because of its sweet fragrance, it is also added to ice-creams and desserts.
100gm of Raw Jackfruit contain:
- Calories: 98
- Carbohydrates: 15-25g
- Fibre: 1g-5g
- Ash: 0.8-2.2g
- Protein: 1.3-1.9g
It also contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Potassium, Iron and calcium.
Health Benefits of Raw Jackfruit (Kathal Ke Fayde)
- Kathal vegetable contains a good number of calories that provide quick energy to the body.
- Vitamin A helps to maintain healthy eyesight.
- The high amount of Vitamin C boosts collagen production and keeps the skin firm and younger-looking.
- It promotes bone strength and prevents osteoporosis.
- Potassium in Kathal vegetables is good for dealing with high blood pressure.
Buy ripe Jackfruit if you want to consume it directly. If raw, peel it and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Country of Origin: India
Sourced and marketed by: Pureroot